Monday, February 14, 2011

my new love

 

I've never been one to be obsessed with makeup. Shoes? Sure. Bracelets/Cuffs? Yes. Graphic Tees? Threadless.com was my go-to stop at one point. But never makeup; just a hey that works kind of look and then continue with the whole sun-kissed look all year around, all 3 years around, occasionally throwing in the smokey eye.
Until recently, that is.
I guess having a cousin who is a professional make-up artist and whose makeup always looked impeccable during her three week visit from Toronto does that to you (Hi Vic!)
Before she left, she helped stock me up with some long overdue and needed makeup.

My first MAC purchases in years. Yes, years!!
[clockwise from top left: lip pencil in Brick, amplified lipstick in Girl About Town, matte lipstick in Viva Glam 1, creamsheen glass in Right Image, lip pencil in Magenta]

Both lipsticks with their respective lip pencils give fun looks for a night out on the town with the girls or a hot date. Normally I don't care too much about lip pencils, but with such bold colours, you need to make sure the colours don't bleed out. And it's true what they say about lip pencils helping the lipstick colour stay longer on your lips; just be sure to shade your lips in lightly with the pencil before applying the lipstick.

The lipgloss has a tiny bit of colour and shimmer, perfect for layering over lipsticks, but cute and natural on its own as well.

Then a couple of days later, giving into my love for Make Up For Ever aqua eyeliners...
[top to bottom: Aqua Eyes in 3L, 1L, 2L, 23L, 14L,  navy blue, dark grey, grey, champagne, silver respectively]

Not only do they glide on quite easily, they are waterproof. I put them to the test and wore one when I went snowboarding. It snowed all day long, I got snowcrap and rain in my face from landing in awkward positions, and still the liner did not budge. I think these eyeliners are awesome..as proven by the purchase of the five of them. *blush*
 
And because this was too good of a deal to pass up..
[mini pouch set of the Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara and Sens'Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser]
I haven't tried the eye makeup remover yet, but my cousin said you can just dab it on your eyes, wipe and go.


So not one to ever purchase much makeup, let alone this much, I was set for a good six months.

But of course after my cousin left, I took it upon myself to go buy these too:

[L-R, MAC's fluidline in Blacktrack, cremesheen lipstick in Creme Cup, sharpener]
Had to pick-up another fluidline, one of MAC's most popular products and an adorable nude-pink lipstick that goes on abit sheer.

O right yes, and then a couple of weeks after that, my MUA girfriend and I were at the counter and I came home with these:

[Make Up For Ever Brush Cleanser and HD High Definition Concealer in 315]

Everyone needs a good brush cleaner, most especially if you use them on a daily basis. Make Up For Ever's cleaner comes in an easy spritz spray bottle and my brushes dry in just a few hours. 24 hours was how long I had to wait for my old cleaner. This was such a great find for me!

The concealer is a tad too light, so I use it only under my eyes. It does help me look more awake. A tip I heard recently about concealer is that instead of dabbing it on and smooshing it all over your eyes, dot them along your undereye circles and then blend downwards.

...so now I realize my obsession doesn't just end with shoes/tshirts/arm stuff now. (help me.)

I will try and post some makeup looks when I get a chance, but I'm definitely not a professional by any means!

Happy Valentine's Day beautifuls..

xoxo, amy.

5 comments:

del said...

fluid line is some of the greatest stuff ever invented!!! love that producttttttttttttttttttttttt :) enjoy all those sexy tempting cat eye looks ames!

Anonymous said...

hahah I can feel your excitement through the screen! I've been a makeup addict for years now (even though I don't really use much, I collect it). But once you start finding your favourite YouTube beauty gurus, the obsession never ends!!

Unknown said...

Seeing all your new products definitely makes me want to go out and buy some!

LOVE MUFE's eyeliners! That champagne one looks pretty.

Love your blog btw :)

KRISTY said...

Whoaaa... you've definitely found a new love (or addiction???):p I've been through that phase. I was on a makeup craze 2 years ago and all I did was watching makeup videos on Youtube and lusted over the "gurus" makeup collections. So I started building my own collection (e.g. buying that 88 e/s palette from Coastal Scents, bla bla bla..) But the addiction didn't last long. I realized that I loved shoes MUCH MORE than makeup. So back I was to spending money on shoes and clothes. Hahahaha :D But I still watch makeup videos on Youtube :p

www.monochromachic.com

nicole said...

Lol wow, considering that you haven't shopped at MAC in YEARS, you totally made up for lost time! I couldn't agree more about the MUFE Aqua Eyes eyeliners, they are amazing! I just started using it a few months ago. Love all the lipstick colours that you got too. Let me know how that brush cleaner works out, I've just been using one from Quo and it's just o-k.

Sorry I haven't commented in awhile, I've been a bad and lazy blogger lol

Hope all is well! xo