Thursday, December 30, 2010

holiday hiatus

Wearing: Top, jeans, shoes & ring: F21 | Necklace: gift from mom

Sorry for the cruddy pictures, but this was what I wore on Christmas Day to dinner. The shirt was a gift from one of my sisters and was the perfect top to wear to hide the food belly after stuffing myself with a turkey that was cooked to absolute perfection, mashed potatoes and gravy, cheesecake and pecan tarts.

And I've been MIA during this month due to excessive eating and hanging with my favourite people. Below is a recap of the things that are making their way through my digestive tract:

Top left to bottom right:

1. Tomato bruschetta prepared by a girlfriend during an Xmas potluck get together.
2. Tiramisu for dessert from Argo's Cafe
3. BBQ duck spring rolls at Crime Lab. Freakin delicious.
4. Veggie Burger at Crime Lab; goat's cheese, tofu & mushroom patty on a fresh ciabatta bun with cucumber, tomato, avocado, lettuce & aioli served with yam fries. This is easily one of the best veggie burgers I've ever had.
5. All you can eat sushi and Korean BBQ at Shabusen on Granville. Yes, this was for a table of five. Yes, we also failed at consuming most of what was on that table .
6. Drinks at The Marquis; gin & tonic and tequila shots for our good friend Shy's birthday.
7. This picture does not do the turkey justice, but it was what I could manage after the family devoured the turkey in mere minutes. The white meat was so tender I swear it melted in my mouth. My cousin's husband is an amazing chef!
8. Biggest and most colourful jello shots I've ever seen or consumed. An Xmas getogether with a few of my volleyball mates.

Needless to say, I have put on a couple of happy pounds. I am happy, but my NYE dress probably not so much.

Hope everyone had an amazing holiday so far. Tomorrow's New Years Eve!

xoxo, amy.

1 comment:

MizzJ said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your spread at Shabusen. Bravo!