Amyway, I came across this delicious bean salad recipe on Bunnie's blog and now I make it anytime I'm craving for something fresh. It's delicious, healthy (high in fibre, low in fat) and best of all, there is no cooking or baking required (amy-proof). All ingredients are customizable depending on how much you like/don't like something.
Here's my version. Hope you guys enjoy! (thanks, Bunnie!)
- can of corn
- can of beans; red, black, etc. (I get the mixed bean one to add variety and to also eliminate any confusion for myself. haha)
- avocado, diced
- tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (less or none if you're not a fan. I love cilantro)
- 2 limes (this will be your dressing)
- salt and pepper to taste
- spoonful of sugar
- serves 4-6 I think. I'm not entirely sure because I usually eat it all.
- In a big bowl, combine corn, beans, avocado, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. (drain out the liquid from the cans beforehand)
- Add salt and pepper. I like to add a tablespoon of sugar to help bring out the flavours in the salad.
- Roll limes on a hard surface and cut into halves or quarters. Squeeze lime juice into bowl and mix.
- Add more salt/pepper/lime juice according to taste.
- Sit back with a fat bowl and flip through magazines. ahh...
|Don't worry Carrie, it's vegan.|